What is the VSA?
A soaring club that has been operating in BC for 40 years.
A group of friendly people with a common interest in soaring.
What does the club offer?
- Introductory flights to introduce you to the joys of soaring (appointments necessary). More info >
- The opportunity to learn to fly gliders or improve your existing soaring skills. More info >
- Free instruction for members.
- Five gliders and two Cessna L-19 tow planes, all club-owned and operated. More info >
- Tows for visiting glider pilots. More info >
- A great social atmosphere. More info >
When does flying take place?
Every weekend and statutory holiday from April to October – weather permitting. Occasionally on weekdays during the same period.
Where does the club operate?
Our home base is at Hope Airport, BC where we have a clubhouse, a camping area, a hangar and permanent tie-downs.
More info >
The club also undertakes several away trips every year to other excellent soaring sites in Western Canada and Washington State.